Coloring & Essay Competition Rules & Regulations
1. Essay competition will take place on a date according to the calendar. The Essay Competition will be the first competition of the year.
2. Essay competition will take place during the morning session from 10:30am-12:00pm.
3. Only registered students will be allowed to participate in competition. It is teachers' responsibility to make sure all the participants are registered. If it was discovered later that Winner of ANY COMPETITION is not registered in the school, the name of the unregistered winner will be withdrawn and trophy will go to next participant in line.
• Level Pre-K to Level 1 will participate in the coloring competition.
a. Teachers may select the picture for the Coloring Competition and the students will color the picture.
b. Level 2 will participate in Drawing and Coloring Competition, Teacher will select an object. Students will draw the object, color it and write a sentence about the object.
• Levels 3 to Youth Group – 1 topic per class which must be cleared by the Board of Regents.
a. Topics must be submitted to Board of Regents by selected date.
b. Topics will be announced by the teachers in class, allowing 3 weeks for preparation.
III. Competition Day
• Al-Noor Islamic School will provide index cards. Students will be allowed to bring index card which will be checked by teacher / Board of Regents.• This index card will be attached to the Final Essay and will be checked by the person who will evaluate the essay..
• Pencils/eraser and paper will be provided by Al-Noor Islamic School if needed.
• Teachers will prepare a code key to match students’ names with their student numbers and label the essays with the numbers to maintain anonymity. Teacher will keep the code key. Only code numbers will be written on Essays. Students identification will NOT be marked on essays.
a. Essays will be submitted in the provided manila envelope.
b. The manila envelope will be collected by the Board of Regents before dismissal of that day.
• Essays will be graded based on the following criteria:
a. Topic coverage: The main concept of the essay topic must be addressed.
b. Supporting evidence: There must evidence to back up statements in the essay.
c. Adding specific Islamic references, i.e. ayat, hadith, etc will be beneficial.
d. Structure: There must be a beginning, middle, and end to the essay.
Details of grading policy can be checked by clicking here. Competition Grading Guidelines
V. Winner Selection
• Winners will be selected as follows:
a. 1st place- Gold Medal
b. 2nd place- Silver Medal
c. 3rd place- Bronze Medal
d. 4th place- Honorable mention certificate
• Winners will announced ASAP in their classes.
a. Teachers will be provided with a list of winners for their class.
b. Winners will be posted on the Al-Noor Islamic School website
c. Winner list will be posted on the Al-Noor Islamic School bulletin board.
*Board of Regents has decided that students who are not present the day of the competition, will not be allowed to participate under any circumstances*